It’s hard to realize that your marriage is coming to end. It’s even harder to make a final decision regarding divorce. There are a number of questions you’e most likely already asked yourself. But there are a few others you might not have considered. Here’s a list of some additional questions you should consider if you are considering divorce.
Here are some questions to consider:
- Do I want to end my marriage with a divorce or just find a way to have a better relationship with my spouse?
- Have we tried to work it out? Have we done our best to work it out? Consulted relationship therapists or self-help guidance?
- Are there any stressors that are contributing to our failing marriage? Unemployment, infertility, or a miscarriage?
- How have I contributed to this failing marriage? Are there things I can change?
- Was this relationship always unhealthy or a mistake? Have we been incompatible from the start? Or is there just a recent challenge we’re facing?
- Have I set incredibly high standards that are impossible to meet?
- Is there someone else?
- Am I still in love with my spouse?
Only you can answer these questions honestly for yourself. You might conclude that there are some more things that can be done. You might also decide that you do not want to continue putting effort into a marriage that is already done. Once you decide that you want to move forward with divorce there are some important next steps.
Working with a Divorce Attorney
The most important thing to do is start working with a divorce attorney. And even more important is that you find a divorce attorney you feel comfortable with. A divorce attorney will be able to walk you through all aspects of a divorce including: alimony, marital property division, and child support.
Working with a skilled attorney can help ensure you get a fair case. For advice on divorce you need the expert law firm of Divorce Law LA. Schedule a consultation today.
33 S. Catalina Ave. Ste. 202
Pasadena, Ca. 91106